On 2017-02-23 10:00 PM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
Somewhat offtopic:

toolforger: p6: say Inf cmp Inf
camelia: rakudo-moar 320c2f: OUTPUT: «Same␤»

I.e. Inf compares equal to itself - is this intentional?

Even if that isn't valid mathematically, for our purposes in a programming language, Inf is a singleton.

I would have a serious problem with any programming language where it isn't the case that asking "is $x the same thing as $x in every possible way" doesn't result in TRUE for all possible values of $x.

That's one reason I seriously dislike SQL's NULL that don't equal themselves.

-- Darren Duncan