# New Ticket Created by  Elizabeth Mattijsen
# Please include the string:  [perl #131162]

Actually reported as a SO question by brian d foy:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43437664/how-can-i-get-around-a-slurpy-parameter-in-the-perl-6-signature

<lizmat>        m: my @a = [1,1],[2,2],[3,3]; dd @a; @a.splice: 0, 2, $[4,4];
dd @a  # feels like a bug that the containerization of [4,4] is being ignored
<+camelia>      rakudo-moar 188711: OUTPUT: «Array @a = [[1, 1], [2, 2], [3,
3]]␤Array @a = [4, 4, [3, 3]]␤»
<jnthn> lizmat: Yeah, it's because there's a candidate with @new at the end
that it binds to, decontainerizing it in the process.
<jnthn> So it's not actually hitting the slurpy at all
<lizmat>        so you agree it's wrong atm
<jnthn> The slurpy is **@foo
<jnthn> So in fact if it *was* hitting the slurpy it would be behaving right :)
<jnthn> Yeah, it's wrong to discard the itemization
<lizmat>        ok, so we are in agreement
<jnthn> I wonder if it was untested and then accidentally regressed when splice
was optimized by breaking it out into a bunch of candidates
<lizmat>        will file a rakudobug
<jnthn> Since I seem to recall splice getting at least something of a look
during the GLR
<jnthn> And I can't imagine we settled on "it ignores itemization" :)
<jnthn> bisectable6: my @a = [1,1],[2,2],[3,3]; @a.splice: 0, 2, $[4,4]; dd @a
<+bisectable6>  jnthn, On both starting points (old=2015.12 new=1887114) the
exit code is 0 and the output is identical as well
<+bisectable6>  jnthn, Output on both points: «Array @a = [4, 4, [3, 3]]»
<jnthn> Hm, nope
<jnthn> It's been like that since Christmas
<lizmat>        ok, doesn't make it right, though :-)
<jnthn> Indeed
<lizmat>        but will wait for the release to look at fixing it
<jnthn> *nod*