On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 12:41 AM, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be used by people who use the REPL to experiment with the
> languages? In that case the listing should be as user friendly as
> possible and require as little typing as possible. Having ABC order is
> IMHO the easiest to look through.

If we're going to provide that ability, it should probably not be done via
the metaobject interface. Relying on that can get you surprises, in
particular quite a few anonymous methods for various things with low level
implementations (and other surprises if you dig deeper and it's implemented
in nqp).

(dir() in python is a different issue, since as far as python is concerned
it's just listing the keys in some dict, and sorting them would usually be
desirable. That said dict happens to represent an object is irrelevant.)

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net