On 25 July 2017 at 16:33, Stephen Wilcoxon <wilco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see anything in the notes (though I may have missed it) about JVM.
> I thought the plan was to get JVM functional again (though likely still
> lagging MoarVM feature support) with the 2017.07 release?

There are comments in the README

"Please note that this release of Rakudo Star is *not* fully functional with the
JVM backend from the Rakudo compiler.  Use the JVM backend only if you are
trying to help with fixing JVM support (which is best done upstream with the
monthly Rakudo release).  This is a known issue and it's not worth reporting
JVM failures as bugs unless you have patches."

The last time I tried it (and this was a while ago) I was able to
build with JVM and run simple (dozen line) programs OK.  But complex
programs like zef didn't work and so installing modules wasn't
possible.