# New Ticket Created by  Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev
# Please include the string:  [perl #131961]

The input file for this problem is ≈15 MB so please bear with external link:
https://files.progarm.org/golfed.gz (1.6 MB compressed)

Command:
perl6 -ne 'say $++' golfed
# or
perl6 -ne 'say $++' < golfed

Result:
0
1
2
… … …
257568
257569
257570
Malformed UTF-8
  in block <unit> at -e line 1

There's no malformed UTF-8 in the file. And if you don't believe me, try this:

cat golfed | perl6 -ne 'say $++'

There are at least three possible outcomes (it is not as stable as previous
examples):
(*) Fails after 257570, just like in the previous example
(*) Fails after 121712
(*) No error, goes through the whole file just fine

<geekosaur> sounds more likely to be I/O related than unicode related
<geekosaur> like it's dropping bytes on the floor and if the utf8 decoder was
in (or lands in) the middle of a sequence, boom

IRC log: https://irclog.perlgeek.de/perl6-dev/2017-08-26#i_15071860

This issue may be related:
https://gist.github.com/coke/3feef738886b1e5af79a1ca636146075