On 09/30/2017 02:15 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
Basically: < > is single quotes and treats variables and expressions as literals. << >> is double quotes and interpolates variables but not general expressions. And { } does no quoting at all and uses general expressions.

Hi Brandon,

I am writing up what you just said for my keepers file.

Would you please define for me what you mean by the following:

1) expressions

2) the difference between "expressions" and "general expressions"

3) Quoting.  The difference between "" and <>

4) "interpolating" as it refers to Perl (not math, where you "guess"
    what a value is based on values on both sides of you).

Many thanks,
-T

Did a bad interpolation on a matrix once and the bad formula
turned out to be a sine wave which really messing up
interpolating based on it.  Chuckle!

Always a good idea to graph your formula before using it
to guess values!

--
Computers are like air conditioners.