Hi Todd,

I fully agree with Tom B.'s message that you should really set out to read
a Perl 6 book. Many of the things you asked are covered in most of the
available books. And the available books are easier than the official
documentation for a beginner to start understand the basic underlying
concepts.

I should add that you don't even have to *buy* one book, since my own *Think
Perl 6* book is freely available on the Internet (Creative Commons
license): https://greenteapress.com/wp/think-perl-6/. Well, if you are
interested in reading it, I'd suggest you look for the PDF on my Github
repository (https://github.com/LaurentRosenfeld/thinkperl6/tree/master/PDF),
because it is more up-to-date (number of small corrections made following
comments from readers).

So it would take you just a few minutes (at no cost) to download it and
start enjoying it.

Cheers,
Laurent.