On Mon, 21 May 2001, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:01:28AM -0700, Dave Storrs wrote:
>
> Would you also advocate separate declarative syntax for variable
> properties and value properties?  That's where I think much confusion
> will be.

        Yes, I would.  What that syntax would be, I'm not so
sure...although the following all have some appear:

        my $pi is constant;             # compile time
        my $foo is now true;            # run time

        my $pi is always constant;      # compile time
        my $foo is now true;            # run time

        my $pi is_perm constant;        # ct
        my $foo is_temp true;           # rt

        my $pi.perm_prop.constant = 1;  # ct
        my $foo.temp_prop.true = 1;     # rt

        my $pi permanently constant;    # ct
        my $foo transiently true;       # rt

Actually, of these I probably like the first ones best; each of the
others has some warts.

Dave