On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:59:01PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Should Parrot be a register or stack-based system, and if a register-based
> one, should we go with typed registers?

Register based. Untyped registers; I'm hoping that the vtable stuff can be
sufficiently optimized that there'll be no major win in storing multiple
copies of a PMC's data in different types knocking around.

For those yet to be convinced by the benefits of registers over stacks, try
grokking in fullness what op scratchpads are about. Ooh look, registers.

--
> I'm a person, not a piece of property.
Happily, I'm both!
    - Lionel and Stephen Harris.