> Perl is looking a bit shaky at the moment.

Yeah. I think I understand what you mean by "shaky".

I always expected Perl to be leading the way, *the* language
that broke new ground..."where only camels dared to tread..."

Now we find that Perl6 is just huffin' and puffin' its way
to *catch up* wto the pack, and chasing *Microsoft's* tail.

It's been disappointing (except for Damian's heroic efforts)...

<hope>
But, hey - at least we will get a *new* Perl in the end.
And I, for one, think it may still be worth waiting for.
</hope>

Must dash -

Vijay