If math is your area of interest, the GSL is interesting *and* humongous:
I've been working on it for two weeks writing the raw interface to the C
library and I just started to write a Raku-level interface, something that
would let programmers use the library without having to learn how to create
a CArray and convert between Raku and C types.
So after two weeks I counted how many C functions I converted as a raw
interface: 561. Then I found out that I was at the third group of functions
of about 40.
Did I say it's huge?
I think I will write the Raku interface to what I've done so far and start
publish the "work in progress" on the CPAN, so other people will know that
there's someone working on it. PRs will be welcome ;-)

--
Fernando Santagata