On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 11:51:53AM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Perl has strong typing; it just has a different notion of
> what a "type" is.  The "types" in Perl are SCALAR, ARRAY,
> HASH, CODE, and a few others.  Watch:
>
> % perl -e 'sub foo(\@){} foo %h'
> Type of arg 1 to main::foo must be array (not hash deref) at -e line 1, at EOF
> Execution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.

Prototypes don't work on methods.  And I wouldn't hold them up as
being anything but a mediocre hack.  Its not really type checking.
Of course, there's Attribute::Types for things like that.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One