On 2020-04-07 05:43, Veesh Goldman wrote:
Are you familiar with dynamic dns providers like duckdns.org <http://duckdns.org> (there are others, too). That coupled with a script that updates your ip with the provider, like ddclient (written in perl!), should be a more straightforward way of accomplishing what you want. Also, thank you for clarifying what you are trying to do. Because the answer changes a lot once you want to parse the page that you download.

Hi Veesh,

I have looked at services like that.  I like the Raku
route better as I can do everything very seamlessly:
automatic WAN address check and update, top loading
and pruning log file of WAN address changes, automatic
creating of mstsc and WFreeRDP run stings, ignore
and warn if the Internet is down, etc..  All the user has
to do it click on an icon.  Other than which icon to
click on, no other user interaction.

It would help if the developers would implement:

RFE: shell / no shell switch
https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/issues/3582

-T

And you guys wonder what I did with all the help you
have been giving me!