On 2020-05-17 21:19, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
On 2020-05-17 20:28, Paul Procacci wrote:
So tack a .Bool at the end.
You are coercing a bool to a bool by doing so and hopefully the optimizer is smart enough for people who like to be redundant.

;)

Hi Paul,

Especially when I can never remember when IO.someletter
will return a full True or False Boolean and when it
will return a True or a useless text message.

The optimizer should have a lot of fun with me!  Works
darned well too!

-T

Speaking of optimizer, it would be interesting to see
if my coercing a half a Bool and a useless text message
to a True of False when analyzed takes  more of less
optimizing than giving it a straight Boolean to start with.

But now I are getting at some really deep trivia