On 2020-06-01 15:19, Richard Hainsworth wrote:
Todd,

You said you asked if you could create your own methods, and that you were told 'no'. That was a surprising statement, so I asked about some context about who would say such a stupid(?!) thing. Seems like this was a half-remembered 'no' somewhere in a cloud . Lets leave it there.

My memory is clear on it.

You often ask questions that get interesting answers. But rather than guessing what you're thinking, perhaps you might explain how you see a 'subroutine' differing from a 'method'. If you look at the Raku documentation, which I know for you, is like shoving your head in a barrel of cold water, you will find quite a few examples of methods, subs, blocks, and pointies, together with things called signatures. Repeating any of this material won't help you. So what is a method to you? How do you think it might be used?

Richard

Some times methods are great for human readability.  I
would like to have both in my tool chest.