That is a little bit disappointing:

$ time ls -l | perl -lane 'print "$F[7] $F[1]"' > /dev/null

real 0m0.008s
user 0m0.013s
sys 0m0.000s

$ time ls -l | raku -ne 'say "$_[7] $_[1]" given .words' > /dev/null
Use of Nil in string context
  in block  at -e line 1

real 0m0.302s
user 0m0.370s
sys 0m0.060s

The delay is so long that I wouldn't use that in a very filled folder.
Perhaps I know, it will be improved (I hope).

--
Aureliano Guedes
skype: aureliano.guedes