On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 04:05:20PM -1000, Tim Jenness wrote:
> At the risk of receiving a flame perl5 does not have multi-dimensional
> arrays. It has something that will do the job with a massive memory
> overhead ands lots of pain when dimensionality is high.

If you need it, I can finish off multi-dimensional array access in
Tie::VecArray, then you'll have true multi-dimensional arrays.  Very
compact, but slower than a snail race in January since its tied. :(

Perl 5, with its dynamically resized scalars, can't easily have
vector-based arrays.  Since Perl 6 is introducing types it should be
safe to assume that an array of type 'int' (or some other fixed-width
type) will be optimized to a vector.

--
Michael G Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One