Dan Sugalski wrote:

> I'm still trying to formulate a good set of rules on how I think active
> data should perform under optimization to pass on to Larry.
>
>                                         Dan

How about, Active data doesn't get optimized.  Static data doesn't
care if you access ir or not, and most data is static, is not
burdened with "magic" that makes it send home a post card every time
someone looks at it.  If you're a camp counselor and one of your
wards is such a neurotic, it is incumbent upon you to make a daily
run to the post office.  If all your kids are content to write
postcards on tuesdays, you just have to go to the post office on
tuesdays.

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187
                                      Signature closed for repaving