Gesendet: Freitag, 21. Oktober 2022 um 05:37 Uhr
Von: "ToddAndMargo via perl6-users" <perl6-us...@perl.org>
An: "perl6-users" <perl6-us...@perl.org>
Betreff: Rakudo for W7?
Hi All,

Where can I download the latest Rakudo Star
that supports 64 bit Windows 7?

Many thanks,
-T

On 10/21/22 08:48, no...@ist-einmalig.de wrote:
> Hi.
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-of-support ==> Windows7 support ended January, 14 2020

No fear of a stupid M$ update destroying your system.
And no need to try to find replacements for perfectly
working mission critical software that has been
abandoned and will not run on current versions
of Windows.

I do not force my customer onto the latest just because
it is the latest.  There are conditions were they need
to be able to operate on older systems.  (I will
work on any system.  I occasionally still see DOS
computers.)

As far for security goes, M$'s security updates are
typically very late to the show and very poorly done.
A decent anti-virus fills i for you.  And there are
those instances were these older system are not even
on the Internet.  ESET still works wonderfully on
Windows 7.

> https://rakudo.org/downloads/star offers Star Bundles back to 2010.07

Which goes back to my question.  What is the last
one they published that supports Windows 7?

> What am I missing?

See above