On 10/30/22 01:24, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:

Which brings me back to the other of my criticisms
of the documentation.  The examples are high level
users showing off their skills making for a totally
useless example for beginners.  They should show a
simple example and then work up to the show off stuff.

On that note, OOC, what do you think about the level of the "Don't fear the
grepper!" blog series:

     https://dev.to/lizmat/dont-fear-the-grepper-1-1k3e
     https://dev.to/lizmat/dont-fear-the-grepper-2-4ki5
     https://dev.to/lizmat/dont-fear-the-grepper-3-hfp
     https://dev.to/lizmat/dont-fear-the-grepper-4-nki

I have never picked up the grep function.  I
use grep a lot in bash programming, but not
yet in Raku.  I always find something I
like better and also easier to understand
and maintain.  `contains`, `starts-with`,
`ends-with` all comes to mind.  I can even get
fancy and look for the boolean return from
regex, but I have abandoned that approach
as it is harder for me to figure out when
trying to maintain something I have not seen
in a while.  (I find if I do a contains
first, I can instantly figure out what I was
up to.)

Someday maybe I will pick up grep.

I should probably create a note for
grep with these links in it.