Hi All,

Fedora 36
zenity-3.43.0-3.fc37.x86_64
rakudo-pkg-2022.7.0-03.x86_64

My adventure with a zenity call!

I just worked around a problem with a call to zenity:

Note: zenity can not resolve Raku's "\n", so you have to
preformat the "text" field with "sprintf".

$NotifyStr = sprintf "\nStarting $ProgramName\n\nTakes about $Timeout seconds to finish compiling\nMozilla Mirror = <$MozillaMirror>\n";

The above gave me "All updates are complete" in the text
field. Hmmmmmmmm.  I do goof a lot of stuff up (who me????)
but I am "pretty sure" I did not tell zenity that.
I did a direct print of $NotifyStr to the command
line to make sure anyway.

I traced it down to the "<" and ">".

Separating the "<" and ">" with `~ ">" ~` in the string
did not help.

Taking out the "<" and ">" got rid of the problem.  Not
as pretty, but it will due.

$NotifyStr = sprintf "\nStarting $ProgramName\n\nTakes about $Timeout seconds to finish compiling\nMozilla Mirror = $MozillaMirror\n";

The zenity call:

shell "zenity --info --title \"$Title\" --text \"$NotifyStr\" --width=220 --timeout=$Timeout &";

I was unable to reproduce this from a direct call
to zenity from the command line, so it was probably
something that happened between Raku and zenity.

Of interest, on the direct call "\n" came out as an "S".

Hope this helps someone else.

-T