Hi to everyone.

We have reformatted all the documentation into an EBook! It is now available from the docs.raku.org website.

Click on More, then EBook, read the popup and download the book.

THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT, so there's things wrong and help is needed to get it right.

Why have EBook? Its an offline form of the documentation, and is smaller.

The EPUB 3 specification is targetted, but most ebook readers seem to require some EPUB 2 components (see below).

On a desktop, the Calibre reader and editor read the book correctly. Callibre is cross platform.

On an Android I have tried a couple of readers, but nothing stands out yet. Moon+works but doesnt like the Table of Contents (see below), One reader wouldnt load the book.

Problems needing help.

1. EPUB 3 differs from EPUB 2 by the Table of contents. Epub 3 requires and xhtml format (provided), but Epub 2 requires a ncx format (not provided). So first task for someone is to look at how the xhtml toc file is created and create a ncx one.

Most Ebook readers assume that the ncx file is available, even though for Epub 3 it is not required.

On doc-website, the relevant plugin is EBook/plugins/ebook-embedd.

Once the file is generated, some experimenting will be needed to work out how best to incorporate it into the ebook.

2. The CSS could be improved.

- the code snippets are fixed format and highlighted. Some TLC is needed here

3. A cover image is needed.

Regards,

Richard Hainsworth

aka finanalyst