At 07:53 AM 6/29/2001 -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
>Dan Sugalski writes:
> > Doing it properly in a module is significantly more of a pain than
> doing it
> > in the core. Faking it with a module means a fair amount of (reasonably
> > slow) perl code, doing it in the core requires a few extra lines of C code
> > in the method dispatch opcode function.
>
>Wouldn't you do it by swapping out the dispatch entry in the vtable?

Hadn't planned on having a dispatch entry in the vtable--I wasn't thinking
it was really something worth localizing on a per-variable basis. Generally
I've been trying to keep control flow out of vtables. Vtables are for data
fetching/storing/manipulation. Opcodes are for control flow. Or so has gone
my thinking.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk