Dan Sugalski:
# At 10:20 PM 10/24/2001 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
# >On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:56:01PM -0700, Brent Dax wrote:
# > >       core_ops.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
# symbol _sleep
# > > referenced in function _Parrot_sleep_i
# > >       test_prog.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
# >
# >Cool, this one wasn't my fault.
#
# That one's mine. I added a sleep opcode, but sleep's apparently less
# platform-neutral than I thought. :(

>From the MS documentation:

        Sleep

        The Sleep function suspends the execution of the current thread for the
specified interval.

        To enter an alertable wait state, use the SleepEx function.

        VOID Sleep(
          DWORD dwMilliseconds   // sleep time
        );

        Parameters
        dwMilliseconds
        [in] Specifies the time, in milliseconds, for which to suspend
execution.
        Header: Declared in Winbase.h; include Windows.h.
        Library: Use Kernel32.lib.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to utilize it.  Including
windows.h causes a conflict with Parrot's definition of BOOL, including
winbase.h gives me a ton of syntax errors, and putting the declaration
inline just leaves me with 'unresolved symbol _Sleep'.  Ugh.

In my local copy, I've set up sleep to just have:

    fprintf(stderr, "Sleep currently unimplemented for this platform");
    HALT;

for Win32.  This seems to work okay--all tests pass, oddly enough,
although I won't be able to play Life.

--Brent Dax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Configure pumpking for Perl 6

When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10
empty tent and hit a camel in the butt.
    --Dubya