On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 01:39 PM 11/9/2001 -0800, Brent Dax wrote:
> >Dan Sugalski:
> >Of course.  Random question only very tangentially related to this: is
> >INTVAL (and thus the I registers) supposed to be big enough to hold a
> >pointer?
> INTVAL shouldn't ever get a pointer in it. We're not going to be casting
> pointers to ints and back anywhere, except possibly in some of the
> deep'n'evil spots (like the memory allocator).
Correction (and please correct this correction if I'm wrong):
An INTVAL should never get a /native/ pointer in it.  However, when we do
relitave or absolute jumps in parrot code, the destination is an INTVAL.

Also, there's a good chance that PMC constants or non-constants may be at
some points native pointers, and it would probably help effinceny for
sizeof(INTVAL)==sizeof(PMC), no?

        -=- James Mastros