Ok, thanks to Daniel Grunblatt for pointing out
the obvious mis-adjustment of #including...
That bit is fixed, and low, a whopping less-than-%10
improvement in speed with the switch() version of
DO_OP. Hmm.

OTOH, my implementation of goto, based on Paolo's post
back when, is clearly broken in some fashion.
It compiles cleanly, and runs _very_ badly.
One of the tests nearly clobbered my machine.
Caution is advised. All the code for the goto sub
ends up in include/parrot/do_op.h, so you can
certainly examine before taking risk. Better
wizards than I should have a gander at that bit
of black magic.

Suggestion: those who are handier at getting that
goto thing to work right might want to merge their
ideas against my patch (which has the advantage
of being almost totally localized to ops2c.pl and
being selectable at Configure time)

Ooof.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer                         7.5 million years to run
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        printf "%d", 0x2a;