> dan at his recent talk at boston.pm's tech meeting said he was leaning
> towards a copying GC scheme. this would be the split ram in half design
> and copy all objects to the other half at CG time. the old half is
> reclaimed (not even reclaimed, just ignored!) in one big chunk.

This schemes require double the necessary memory, if you have what is needed
for this (if you are able to move objects around) maybe a mark-compact algo
would be better.
In any case I didn't here the talk but previously I think I read him talking
about more elaborate generational schemes.  In this case a copying scheme
could
be used for the lower generation and a mark sweep for the upper.
Benoit