*** PLEASE WRITE PORTABLE CODE, NOT ALL THE WORLD USES GCC ***

ibm:/pro/3gl/CPAN/parrot-current 102 > perl Configure.pl --default
Parrot Configure
Copyright (C) 2001 Yet Another Society

Since you're running this script, you obviously have
Perl 5--I'll be pulling some defaults from its configuration.

First, I'm gonna check the manifest, to make sure you got a
complete Parrot kit.

Okay, we found everything.  Next you'll need to answer
a few questions about your system.  Rules are the same
as Perl 5's Configure--defaults are in square brackets,
and you can hit enter to accept them.

Okay.  Now I'm gonna probe Perl 5's configuration to see
what headers you have around.  This could take a bit on slow
machines...

Alright, now I'm gonna check some stuff by compiling and running
a small C program.  This could take a bit...

Done. Now I'm figuring out what formats to pass to pack() for the
various Parrot internal types.

Okay, that's finished.  I'm now going to write your very
own Makefile, config.h, Parrot::Types, and Parrot::Config to disk.

Alright, now I'm gonna check some stuff by compiling and running
another small C program.  This could take a bit...
"./include/parrot/vtable.h", line 1: 1506-229 (W) File is empty.
"./include/parrot/pmc.h", line 54.33: 1506-046 (S) Syntax error.
C compiler died! at Configure.pl line 347.
ibm:/pro/3gl/CPAN/parrot-current 103 >

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.2 & 630 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,