This patch extends configure with a new syntax for preprocessing, variables
in form ${name,arg,...}.
The arguments can be used with $1, $2, ... in the hint string.
The substitution is indent-preserving if the hint includes newlines in the
form of $n.

It also fixes the various Windows build problems and adds some new platform
specific variables.
And, as an added bonus, since I installed Linux now, it should work on all
platforms! ;))))))))

This is my first time ever (!) writing Perl, so I don't know if the code is
good, please comment.
Pretty weird, I'm running a future Perl 6 tinderbox and I have never written
in Perl before this patch. Oh well :)

Patch attached.

-Jaen Saul