Ok, trying to compile with lcc for wint32, I get...

Determining if your C compiler is actually gcc (this could take a
while):

cpp: Can't open input file msvcrt.lib
C compiler died! at Configure.pl line 748, <STDIN> line 9.

Also, why is this line in Configure.pl (748)
system("$c{cc} $c{ccflags} -I./include $c{cc_exe_out}test_siz$c{exe}
$name.c $c{cc_ldflags} $c{ldflags} $c{libs}") and die "C compiler
died!";

have and die.  Wouldn't it die all the time? Type?

Ilya