Thus it was written in the epistle of Michael G Schwern,
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 10:58:34PM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
> > :     while( my $line = <FILE> ) {
> > :         ...
> > :     }
> >
> > That still works fine--it's just that $line lives on after the while.
>
> This creeping lexical leakage bothers me.  While it might make the
> language simpler, the proliferation of left-over lexicals seems
> sloppy.

.. . . if not to say downright ugly.  The boolean of an if or a while is more a
part of the "inner stuff" than the "outer".  What's the chance that it could
be considered so?

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
There is no nature at an instant.