Michael G Schwern writes:
: On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:27:29PM -0500, Casey West wrote:
: > So you're suggesting that we fake lexical scoping?  That sounds more
: > icky than sticking to true lexical scoping.  A block dictates scope,
: > not before and not after.  I don't see ickyness about making that
: > so.
:
: Perl5 already fakes lexical scoping all over the place.  A lot of that
: fakery can be removed from the language, yes, but in the case of block
: conditions it seems that DWIMery should win over orthoginality.

It may seem that way to you, but it doesn't seem that way to me, seemingly.

Larry