On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jason Gloudon wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:27:18PM -0500, Andy Dougherty wrote:
>> objdump.  Is anyone with a Solaris system familiar enough with jit
>> internals to have a go at adapting it to use dis instead of GNU objdump?
>
>The difference was pretty minimal. It should work with 'dis'.

It doesn't.  (If it had, I would have posted a patch allowing 'dis'
instead of 'objdump' instead of asking for help.  Sorry I hadn't made
it clear originally that I had already tried the simple stuff.)

Today, I note that sun4-solaris.pm now always uses 'dis', and
sun4Generic.pm has been changed a bit.  However, it still doesn't
work.  I get

    perl-cc jit2h.pl sun4 > include/parrot/jit_struct.h
    /usr/ccs/bin/as: "t.s", line 2: error: invalid character (0x40)
    as t.s failed at lib/Parrot/Jit/sun4Generic.pm line 164, <IN> line 10.
    *** Error code 1

(Note that I'm using Sun's assembler.  That may be the difference.)

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]