Hi,

Since you are making a release pretty soon, I'm reporting the state of
Parrot on Win32 and running my tinderbox client :)
Parrot compiles nicely, but compiling it requires quite much memory,
sometimes the compiler process takes up more than 32MB...
The reason of course is the gigantic core_ops.c (800kb) and the huge switch
statements. I'm using the box I have for other stuff too, and having 32MB
chunks ripped out of your memory at random times is not nice :)
Tests: fail. miserably. 100% crashed :) probably some illegal pointer deref.

It would be nice to include some exception handler in Parrot, because the
tinderbox client can't run any tests, it will freeze after the first one to
wait for user input. There was some discussion about this earlier.

Some debug info about the failing tests: (t/op/basic/1)
Exception: Access Violation
--- Call stack
mark_used(PMC * 0x52505c3a, PMC * 0x0037cf68) line 339 + 4 bytes
trace_active_PMCs(Parrot_Interp * 0x0037cf68) line 379 + 9 bytes
Parrot_do_dod_run(Parrot_Interp * 0x00372430) line 555
alloc_more_string_headers(Parrot_Interp * 0x00372430) line 580
Parrot_string_make(Parrot_Interp * 0x00372430, const void * 0x0042d604
`string', unsigned long 14, const parrot_encoding_t * 0x0042c198
_singlebyte_encoding, unsigned long 0, const parrot_chartype_t * 0x00000000)
line 50
make_interpreter(int 0) line 514
Parrot_new() line 27 + 7 bytes
main(int 2, char * * 0x00373cd0) line 28 + 6 bytes
--- Code
Line 344, somewhere in the garbage collector ;)
static PMC *
mark_used(PMC *used_pmc, PMC *current_end_of_list) {

    /* If the PMC we've been handed has already been marked as live
       (ie we put it on the list already) we just return. Otherwise we
       could get in some nasty loops */
Here -->    if (used_pmc->next_for_GC) {
        return current_end_of_list;
    }
---
I can squeeze more debug info out, but tracing the parrot code is bit of a
pain, so I'll do it if you can't fix the problem with this info :)

I also have a weird error when I'm trying to access the tinderbox too:
Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /tinderbox/showbuilds.cgi.
Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused
Apache/1.3.20 Server at tinderbox.perl.org Port 80

Oh well, hope I got all.
-Jaen Saul