Configure.pl had a few problems.  Thought I would send it to the list.  Below
this is a 'perl -"V"' if you want to know that info.

Thanks...

Parrot Version 0.0.4 Configure
Copyright (C) 2001-2002 Yet Another Society

Since you're running this script, you obviously have
Perl 5--I'll be pulling some defaults from its configuration.

Checking the MANIFEST to make sure you have a complete Parrot kit...

Okay, we found everything.  Next you'll need to answer
a few questions about your system.  Defaults are in square
brackets, and you can hit enter to accept them.  If you
don't want the default, type a new value in.  If that new
value starts with a '+', it will be concatenated to the
default value.

What C compiler do you want to use? [CC/DECC]
How about your linker? [Link]
What flags would you like passed to your C compiler?
[/Standard=Relaxed_ANSI/Prefix=All/Obj=.obj/NoList/NOANSI_ALIAS/include=([.incl
ude],"/here")]
What flags would you like passed to your linker? [/NoTrace/NoMap]
Which libraries would you like your C compiler to include? [ ]
How big would you like integers to be? [long]
And your floats? [double]
What is your native opcode type? [long]
Now I have to find out what opcode files you would like to compile into your
Parrot.

The following opcode files are available:
core.ops io.ops obscure.ops rx.ops

WARNING: Bad Things may happen if the first file on the list isn't core.ops.

WARNING: These file names will not be checked for spelling, and typing them
         wrong will force you to run Configure again.

WARNING: I worry way too much about Configure users.

Which opcode files would you like? [core.ops io.ops rx.ops]
Determining if your C compiler is actually gcc (this could take a while):

Your C compiler is not gcc.

Probing Perl 5's configuration to determine which headers you have (this could
take a while on slow machines)...

Determining C data type sizes by compiling and running a small C program (this
could take a while):

  Building ./test.c                       from test_c.in...
Figuring out what integer type we can mix with pointers...
We'll use 'unsigned int'.

Building a preliminary version of include/parrot/config.h, your Makefiles, and
other files:

  Building include/parrot/config.h        from config_h.in...
  Building ./Makefile                     from Makefile.in...
Use of uninitialized value in substitution iterator at configure.pl line 811.
  Building ./classes/Makefile             from classes/Makefile.in...
  Building ./docs/Makefile                from docs/Makefile.in...
  Building ./languages/Makefile           from languages/Makefile.in...
  Building ./languages/jako/Makefile      from languages/jako/Makefile.in...
  Building ./languages/miniperl/Makefile  from
languages/miniperl/Makefile.in...
  Building ./languages/scheme/Makefile    from languages/scheme/Makefile.in...
  Building lib/Parrot/Types.pm            from Types_pm.in...
  Building lib/Parrot/Config.pm           from Config_pm.in...

Checking some things by compiling and running another small C program (this
could take a while):

  Building ./testparrotsizes.c            from testparrotsizes_c.in...

#include "parrot/parrot.h"
..^
%CC-F-NOINCLFILEF, Cannot find file "parrot/parrot.h" specified in #include
directive.
at line number 9 in file TESTPARROTSIZES.C;1
C compiler died! at (eval 1) line 13.
%RMS-E-FNF, file not found

$ perl -"V"
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 1) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=VMS, osvers=V7.2-1, archname=VMS_AXP
    uname='VMS briana V7.2-1 AlphaStation 200 4/233'
    config_args='-"des" -"Dcf_email=system"'
    hint=none, useposix=false, d_sigaction=define
    usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef
usemultiplicity=undef
    useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=undef usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='CC/DECC', ccflags
='/Include=[]/Standard=Relaxed_ANSI/Prefix=All/Obj=.obj/NoList/NOANSI_ALIAS',
    optimize='',
    cppflags='undef'
    ccversion='60490005', gccversion='', gccosandvers='undef'
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='int',
lseeksize=4
    alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=N, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='Link', ldflags ='/NoTrace/NoMap'
    libpth=/sys$share /sys$library
    libs=
    perllibs=
    libc=(DECCRTL), so=exe, useshrplib=undef, libperl=undef
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_vms.c, dlext=exe, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=''
    cccdlflags='', lddlflags='/Share'

Characteristics of this PERLSHR image:
  Compile-time options: DEBUGGING
  Built under VMS
  Compiled at Aug 16 2001 15:46:23
  %ENV:
    PERLLIB="PERL_ROOT:[LIB]"
    PERLSHR="$4$DUA1:[PERL-5_6_1]PERLSHR.EXE"
    PERL_ROOT="$4$DUA1:[PERL-5_6_1.]"
  @INC:
    PERL_ROOT:[LIB]
    perl_root:[lib.VMS_AXP.5_6_1]