According to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Sugalski):
>At the moment, we don't have to support cascading lexical
>scratchpads--since we know at compile time which variables we're
>accessing and where they come from, we can install trampoline entries
>in the current scope's scratchpad and not have to search outward at
>runtime.

Once you start down that path, forever will it dominate your closure
implementation.  I suggest you do lexical scopes right from the start.
Surely they're not that much harder than a trampoline....  Are they?

PS: I'm back.  }:-)
--
Chip Salzenberg         - a.k.a.  -        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
         "It furthers one to have somewhere to go."