Piers Cawley

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Steve Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      g.uk>                    cc:       Mike Lambert
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Gibbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED], Dan Sugalski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      04/29/2002 04:42         Subject:  Re: First patch to memory
allocation routines
                      PM

Steve Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> A bucket needs at least:
>>   - key : STRING*
>
>Um... Larry's already said that you're going to be able to use
>arbitrary objects as keys. Just to make life even easier for
>everyone :)

Which could probably still be accomplished by making the object stringify
or
numerify (if thats a word..) itself. Which then bugs me; we'd almost be
required
to sit on one standard of what identifies an object, I'd assume it would be
some unique identifier value like GUID, but would that be the "stringify."
Also, should stringify be the same as serialize?

Just random thoughts blurted as I leave work... :)

-Melvin Smith

IBM :: Atlanta Innovation Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED] :: 770-835-6984