On Thu, 9 May 2002, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> Anyone care to take this task on? It doesn't have to be at all fancy.
> In fact, all it needs to do is handle:
>
>    *) Label offset calcs
>    *) Explicit, fully-qualified, opcode names
>    *) Opcode args as either labels or numbers
>
> So we'd only pass it:
>
>      foo: sub_i_i_ic 1, 2, 5
>           ge_i_ic_l 1, 12, foo
>
> and not
>
>      foo: sub I1, I2, 5
>           ge I, 12, foo
>
> Any opcodes you might think you need can be made available, just ask
> and we'll get 'em defined.
> --
>                                          Dan

ok, it's committed at languages/parrot_compiler/

I added index and pack, I don't know if pack should check the sizeof($3),
what do you think?

Besides labels or numbers opcode args could also be strings (The first
character after the "," will be used as the string delimiter).

Arguments must be separated by "," no spaces are supported between them,
yet.

I will rewrite some parts once I (or someone) gets out a bug in the hashes
(I created a hash with 722 key/value pairs and ~360 got lost)

There is an issue with portability but Test Drive is down and I don't have
any other account to test things.

Enjoy.

Daniel Grunblatt.