At 12:06 AM -0400 5/19/02, Mike Lambert wrote:
>Is there a plan to make a freed method for when pmc header gets put back
>onto the free list? (This would require we call this method on all pmc's
>before moving anything to the freelist, in case of dependancies between
>pmcs and buffers)

Nope. I don't see a need--once the PMC's been destroyed, it belongs
to the system.

>We need to define what they are, and are not allowed to do.
>As a general catch-all, we can say that no memory allocation or
>deallocation may occur during any of these routines, although we should be
>able to get more specific.

I'll go update the docs.

>collect: not sure what the goal of collect is....to handle copying of your
>memory data, in case you need to fixup pointers? What are the limitations
>here? I'm going to say: no new headers or allocation of memory. (This
>could cause stuff to be allocated in the old pool that doesn't get copied
>over to the new one.)

Collect's dead, I think. I'm not seeing the point anymore, and since
we do collect runs through the buffers and not the PMCs, there's no
place to find what needs calling.

>destruct: Can do anything you want. We'll need to either increase our
>DOD_block_level since it isn't re-entrant, but I don't think that's a big
>problem. We can probably increment it before freeing all the
>buffers, and decrement it when we're done.

Works. I'll go update the docs.
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk