Since the topic of using BASIC as part of the test suite for Parrot has
been brought up before I'll mention a recent change I made here which might
make this easier.

If the BASIC interpreter is invoked now, and a file named "autorun.bas"
exists in the same directory, it will be run by the interpreter
auto-magically on startup.  At the moment I'm using this to run the BASIC
regression test while I'm modifying the interpreter so I can just say (in vim):

        !basic.pl

Have it assemble up BASIC, run the test (which had been renamed to
autorun.bas) and exit back to vim. Earlier this evening I was using it to
run a BASIC CGI script (just for kicks).

Making the last instruction "QUIT" will exit the interpreter when
autorun.bas is finished running; making the last instruction "NEW" will
clear memory and leave you in interactive mode.  Otherwise you're dropped
into interactive mode when the program's done running.