At 8:54 AM +0200 6/14/02, =?latin1?Q?Josef_H=F6=F6k?= wrote:
>What do you all think about adding a matrix class.
>It would be really usefull to have it as a class..

[Snip]

>A third option maybe (if its possible) would be to actually adding above
>syntax to the assembler but that would probably look to ugly
>
>        new P0, Matrix, 3, 3
>        set P0, [1 2 3; 3 2 1; 1 2 3]

Yup, that's about what I've been thinking of, though probably with
commas between the bits:

    [1,2,3; 3,2,1; 1,2,3]

Or something like that. This is essentially a multidimensional slice,
something we're going to have to deal with anyway, one way or
another. I've been going back and forth between encoding everything
in a single key, or doing some sort of looping. The single key's more
correct, but looping's easier and faster for the common case. (That
way indexed things don't all have to know how to deal with slices)

So... I like it, we will have a matrix class of some sort, but I'm
not sure on the low-level details quite yet.
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk