On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 12:27:31AM -0400, Jeff wrote:
> brian wheeler wrote:
> >
> > I've implemented a .include directive for the new assembler.  It
> > basically changes the preprocessor to shift through the source file, and
> > when an include is found, the included file is unshifted to the
> > beginning.
> >
> > Should I commit it?
> >
> > Brian
>
> Feel free, as long as it doesn't break existing code too badly. I've
> meant to add this for some time, just never gotten around to it.

In my 5 seconds of glancing at the code, it looked to me like includes
are relative to the current working directory. In my experience, it's
preferable to make them relative to the directory containing the
includer. So IMHO

  --- main.pasm ---
  .include /usr/lib/parrot/pmcstuff.pasm
  --- /usr/lib/parrot/pmcstuff.pasm ---
  .include perlhash.pasm
  .include perlarray.pasm

should look for /usr/lib/parrot/perlhash.pasm, not `pwd`/perlhash.pasm.