On 4 Jul 2002, Erik [ISO-8859-1] Bågfors wrote:
: On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 11:19, Andy Wardley wrote:
: > I personally believe this approach is flawed, especially considering the fact
: > that there is no way (that I know of) to force block parameters to be truly
: > lexically scoped or temporary (i.e. 'my' or 'local' in Perlspeak).  Much too
: > easy to mangle existing variables like this.
:
: Most people agree. In the future there will be a way of doing that.
: Matz himself has said so.

Indeed, Ruby is the main reason I decided to keep "my" explicit in Perl 6.  :-)

Larry