Andy Dougherty wrote:
> I think the purpose of the .dev files, as laid out in
> docs/pdds/pdd07_codinstd.pod, is a reasonable one.
> Here's an edited excerpt: . . .

(Thanks, Andy.)

Well, given that definition of the purpose, I must
persist in my opinion that the proper place for that
kind of doco is inside the source file.

Some people may think it "strange" to find a discussion
of implementation issues in a source code file, but
I don't.

Even so, since other people, whose opinions count for
something (as mine admittedly does not) think that
distancing the implementation from its justification
is a Good Thing, then... fine.  Whatever.

--
JohnDouglasPorter