Building from clean CVS download on Windows 2K w/VC++:

  Parrot Version 0.0.7 Configure 2.0

Configure.pl was crashing at the minimum pointer alignment test.

In Step.pm there are two functions that run a test program:  cc_run() and
cc_run_capture().  In both cases the program is initiated with the string:
  ./test.exe <parm> 2>&1
which doesn't work under Windows (those durn backwards path separators).

Either:
  .\test.exe <parm> 2>&1
or
  test.exe <parm> 2>&1
will work.

I suppose that there is a flag indicating that the platform is Windows that
could be used as a conditional in these two functions.  I admit, I'm lazy, I
deleted two characters in cc_run_capture() just to get it to run on my
system.  I didn't find it necessary to modify cc_run() for some reason.

After that, everything compiled successfully and I ran the basic tests:
  All tests successful, 6 subtests skipped.

mma