Brent Dax wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> #   Modified:    config/gen/makefiles perl6.in

> #   +perl6-config: ../../Makefile pconfig.pl
> #   +       $(myperl) pconfig.pl ../../Makefile perl6-config

> Bad programmer, no cookie--those slashes aren't portable to Windows.

Actually it is my code ;-)

> --Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> @roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

                                                 ^^^^^^^^^

So let's start here:
from makefiles/root.in:

SO = .so
A = .a

those are not portable to Windows, and are not in %PConfig ;-)

I try to figure out to make perl6 to use all the config option's that
are available to get e.g.:

$ cp ../../examples/mops.p6 .
$ perl6 -vwC mops.p6

run natively compiled.

Current version scans the /Makefile for alls obj's, which is working but
error prone, so I want to use libparrot$PConfig{'A'}.

Could you please
- provide $PConfig{'A'}
- and make libparrot$(A) a default build target.

Finally the name and location of all compile stages would be useful:
i.e.: $IMCC $ASSEMBLER $PARROT $PBC2C $PDB ...

WRT slashes, genfile should take care ;-)

TIA

leo