Somewhat random question here:

We all know how to alias things in Perl 5. The binding operator allows aliasing in
Perl 6, I understand. So, how do we alias grammer rules? Here are my guesses.

Rules live in the same namespace as subroutines, so you can use the &. Or possibly
(because filehandles are first class objects and formats are phhbbtt) rule1 := rule2
with no sigil. Even if rules don't work like this, I'd like to know if that works for
subs.

If we think of &sub $scalar @array and %hash as typed references and the sigils as
disambiguating *which* reference, then perhaps we use <> as in <rule1> := <rule>

We can't.

I related question - rule {..} can create an anonymous rule, but how do we create a
ref to a named rule?

-Erik

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com