On Dimanche 25 Août 2002 00:51, Tom Hughes wrote :
> > Some typos corrected in the pdds.
> Applied in part. I didn't apply all the changes to make the vtable method
> descriptions describe what the method will do rather than what it does as
> there doesn't seem to be any point to it.

Well, I corrected it because there is both infinitive and third person,
depending on the method described:
Example:
   [...]
   BIGNUM* shift_bignum(INTERP, PMC* self)
      Returns ...
   [...]
   void subtract_same(INTERP, PMC* self, PMC* value, PMC* dest)
      Subtract ...
   [...]

It seems that every mathematical operation (divide, add, substract, multiply)
use an infinitive, but the other words (returns, does, compares, ...) use the
third person. So, one may think there is a rule there, but then what about
the following:

   INTVAL type(INTERP, PMC* self)
      Return ...

In my patch, I decided to put all verbs to the infinitive. Being a
non-english speaker, I may be wrong, but then we are to put all verbs to the
third person for consistency...

Jérôme
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]