At 10:56 AM +0100 8/26/02, Tom Hughes wrote:
>The one part of the keyed access puzzle that my last patch did not
>attempt to address is that of constructing keys dynamically.
>
>As things stand you can create a key PMC and you can set the value
>of that PMC to a given integer, number, string or PMC value. What you
>can't do is join several key PMCs together to create a multi-level key.
>
>I now plan to address that issue. What I propose is that although the
>key is implemented as a linked list it should appear to act as an array
>so that push/pop/shift/unshift can be used to add and remove elements
>at the ends, and indexed access using integers can be used to fetch
>and set the value of elements in the list.
>
>Does anybody have any objections to this, or any better ideas on how
>to handle this?

Have you taken a look at the proposed ops in PDD6? They may not be
what we ultimately want to use, but it might be a place to start.
(And I'd rather avoid generic vtable access to keys if at all
possible, for speed reasons. They're our internal structures--we can
screw with them as we need :)
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk