On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:49:13PM +0100, Piers Cawley wrote:
> Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > This idea of just switching language syntax in a context-sensitive way is
> > trying to make my head explode.
>
> But you mean that in a good way right? Anyway, he did introduce the

Yes. Now all we need is an animation of a Monty Python gumby character
with his head exploding. Preferably in the style of Terry Gilliam, and
U rated. [1]

> 'use grammar Perl::AbstractSyntax;' in the lexical scope, so obviously
> there's *something* afoot...

Yes, but somewhat like concepts dawning on people during Damian's perl6 talk,
it's the fact that I can define syntax/grammar/whatever so that

somefunc ({some=>"hash", in=>"normal", perl=>"syntax"},
          ('this 'argument 'is 'an 'S-expr 'and "is 'parsed 'as 'such)
          "Bang!"
         );

is valid, where somefunc has a prototype that says first argument is a
hashref, second is an S-expr, third is a string.

(and the lack of comma after the closing brace of S-expr was intentional.
I presume I need one to mark the end of the first argument)

Nicholas Clark

1: U rating explanation if needed:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Customers.nsf/Guidelines/GuidelinesTheCategoriesU?OpenDocument